|POSTING DATE: 08 October 2021|
JOB NAME: Registered Nurse (RN) Palliative Care Nurse Manager
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes to every patient, every time.
We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes and discover why Catholic Health was named Long Island's Top Workplace.
The Palliative Care Nurse Manager acts as a support person and role model, available to all shifts providing specialized clinical expertise and skill.
Our Palliative Care Nurse Manager will:
* Analyze and evaluate delivery of patient care, quality, and effectiveness of nursing care.
* Collaborate with the Palliative Care Team in planning and implementing new methods of delivering nursing care
* Incorporate ethical principles and professional standards in the care of patients and families experiencing life-limiting, progressive illnesses as well as identifying and advocating for the wishes and preferences of parents and families.
* Promote the provision of comfort care to the dying as an integral component of nursing care.
* Communicate effectively and compassionately with patients, family, and health care team members about end-of-life care.
* Partner with an interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, attending physicians, Registered Nurses (RNs), and ancillary staff while implementing the nursing role to end-of-life care.
* Advocate for and build meaningful relationships with patients and their loved ones through safety intervention, emotional support, and education.
* Act as a Resource Coordinator and be responsible for reviewing and approving monthly time sheets, as well as, maximum utilization of available staff with the authority to relocate staff as required.
* Facilitate the growth and development of staff members
* Participate in managing budgets, resource allocation, and scheduling
What you'll bring:
- Passion for Palliative Care
- 3-5+ Years working RN and healthcare management experience
- 1-2+ Years working experience in hospice and/or palliative care
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required\
- o Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree required
- o Masters Degree in Nursing, Business, Health, or allied field strongly preferred
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Board Certified in Hospice/Palliative Care
St. Catherine of Siena Hospital is a proud member of Catholic Health, and has served the residents of the Smithtown area for more than 50 years. St. Catherine's is located on the north shore of Long Island in Smithtown. The campus is comprised of a 296-bed not-for-profit community hospital; a 240-bed nursing and rehabilitation care center; and a 60,000 square foot medical office building. Our nurses, physicians and support staff are devoted to providing advanced health care in an environment of compassion to our patients, their families and our community.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
How to Apply: