RAPID RESPONSE EVENING ON-CALL RNDATES POSTED: 31 May - 07 July 2022
POSITION: On Call Nurse – Evening
DEPARTMENT/ On Call
LOCATION Dutchess County
STATUS/HOURS: Full Time | (4) 10 Hour shifts – 40/50 hours per week (evenings after 4:30pm) | Weekend and Holiday flexibility
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Rapid Response On-call RN manages the care of patients with urgent needs after office hours and on weekends and holidays.
During home visits the nurse assesses, plans, and implements care to maximize patient comfort and caregiver education.
Evaluation of interventions, documentation, and reports of changes in condition and significant findings are crucial.
· The Rapid Response On-call nurse will:
· Administer medications and treatments as written in the patient's plan of care.
· Make referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the patients' needs.
· Teach patients and caregivers appropriate care techniques.
· Protect, honor and respect patient and co-worker confidentiality and right to privacy.
· Adhere to agency and company policies and procedures.
· Participate in nursing service evaluations, agency performance improvement initiatives, and quality assurance reviews.
· Participate in staff education and perform competency and skills training as required.
· Keeps abreast of nursing trends and knowledge.
· Travel throughout the service area and works out of the office when not on the road.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited nursing school |NYS RN License
* Minimum 3 years clinical nursing experience
* Previous hospice, home care and/or oncology experience preferred
* Direct service experience in discharge planning, outreach and public relations preferred
* Good customer relations skills
* Computer documentation skills
* Current NYS Driver’s License required with acceptable driving record
To submit resume or for more information, contact:
Human Resources Associate
845-473-2273 Ext. firstname.lastname@example.org