Nurse Practitioner Palliative Care Service
Good Shepherd Hospice is a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
Our team of professionals, caregivers and trained volunteers are dedicated to providing both medical and emotional support to patients and families. We currently employ more than 200 staff members and have a volunteer core of over 100 dedicated people.Requirements include:
How to Apply:
- Current NYS license and registration as a Nurse Practitioner
- Unrestricted federal DEA registration and DEA registration number
- Master's Degree in Nursing from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- 2+ years of experience in Oncology, Hospice, Home Healthcare or Medical/Surgical Nursing.
- Prior experience caring for terminally ill patients and providing care in home and institutional settings
- Working knowledge of hospice concepts, philosophy, policies and procedures along with a strong understanding of Microsoft Office and Hospice software
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future. For immediate consideration, please apply online.
GOOD SHEPHERD HOSPICE
A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/VLocation: