- Advocacy on behalf of the membership, including legislative (federal and state) and regulatory issues.
- Professional Education through the Associations annual conference as well as seminars and workshops.
- Timely communications through the Associations quarterly newsletter and Directors Memos, and weekly Hospice News Network.
- Outreach to the community - through its 800 number and presentations to community groups, the Association helps educate the public about the benefits of hospice and palliative care.Peer groups - the Association provides opportunities for peer groups, e.g., billers, finance officers, etc., to meet on a regular basis for education and the sharing of information and ideas.
- Technical assistance on a broad range of issues is provided upon request.
- The Association serves as a liaison to national, regional, state and local health care providers and associations.
- Sexual Harassment Training
Provider Member Benefits
A benefit of Provider Membership
includes access to the Members Only section of the Associations website. This section of the website provides recent and past issues of the weekly Hospice News Network
, and The Reporter
, a quarterly publication, as well as our Directors Memos issued for urgent and fast-breaking news. In addition, members will find valuable information relating to recent legislative and regulatory actions that impact hospice and palliative care, and resources such as the Managed Care Tool Kit and the Palliative Care Information/Access Act Resource Center.
The HPCANYS website will allow the public to link directly to HPCANYS member hospice and palliative care programs statewide or in a specific region. In addition, it serves as a valuable resource for end-of-life care information.
Peer Group conference calls are open to employees of Provider Members. We currently host calls for the following groups: Leadership, Clinical Directors, Volunteer Coordinators, Social Work/Spiritual/Bereavement, QAPI, Foundation/Marketing/Communications, Human Resources, and Finance.
Weekly issues of Hospice News Network
(HNN) are sent to you as well as other individuals in your organization that you have previously designated to receive the HNN.
Palliative Care Members
Palliative Care Member Benefits
enjoy the same benefits as provider members (see above). Rates are $675 Annually.
The benefits of your Allied Membership vary according to which membership level you choose. We have two levels of membership available, starting at $850 annually. Here
are the levels of Allied Membership.
Your Individual Membership
provides you with access to certain sections of the Members Only section of the Associations website . Here you will find recent and past issues of The Reporter
, a quarterly publication. In addition, you will find information relating to recent legislative and regulatory actions that impact hospice and palliative care. Membership Rate is $100
Senior Citizens ( 62 + years of age) & Students are eligible for membership at a reduced rate of $75
As HPCANYS enters its 40th year in 2020, your membership and your voice with HPCANYS is a critical part of our efforts to promote quality end-of-life care in New York State; we keep you abreast of the latest regulatory issues / requirements on the state and federal levels; we represent your interests to the legislature, and we keep you up to date on the most current happenings with the Department of Health and other NY state agencies. We have, at your request, increased our webinars, educational conferences, and peer group meetings.
HPCANYS is so very appreciative of your continued membership and support and we look forward to 2020 with continued progress on meeting our shared goals and mission.
Please connect with us on our Twitter (@HPCANYS), LinkedIn & Facebook pages for updated information, as we post several times a week.