- Advocacy on behalf of the membership, including legislative (federal and state) and regulatory issues.
- Professional Education through the Associations annual conference as well as seminars and workshops.
- Timely communications through the Associations quarterly newsletter and Directors Memos, and weekly Hospice News Network.
- Outreach to the community - through its 800 number and presentations to community groups, the Association helps educate the public about the benefits of hospice and palliative care.Peer groups - the Association provides opportunities for peer groups, e.g., billers, finance officers, etc., to meet on a regular basis for education and the sharing of information and ideas.
- Technical assistance on a broad range of issues is provided upon request.
- The Association serves as a liaison to national, regional, state and local health care providers and associations.
- Sexual Harassment Training
Provider Member Benefits
A benefit of Provider Membership
includes access to the Members Only section of the Associations website. This section of the website provides recent and past issues of the weekly Hospice News Network
, and The Reporter
, a quarterly publication, as well as our Directors Memos issued for urgent and fast-breaking news. In addition, members will find valuable information relating to recent legislative and regulatory actions that impact hospice and palliative care, and resources such as the Managed Care Tool Kit and the Palliative Care Information/Access Act Resource Center.
The HPCANYS website will allow the public to link directly to HPCANYS member hospice and palliative care programs statewide or in a specific region. In addition, it serves as a valuable resource for end-of-life care information.
Peer Group conference calls are open to employees of Provider Members. We currently host calls for the following groups: Leadership, Clinical Directors, Volunteer Coordinators, Social Work/Spiritual/Bereavement, QAPI, Foundation/Marketing/Communications, Human Resources, and Finance.
Weekly issues of Hospice News Network
(HNN) are sent to you as well as other individuals in your organization that you have previously designated to receive the HNN.
Palliative Care Members
Palliative Care Member Benefits
enjoy the same benefits as provider members (see above).
The benefits of your Allied Membership vary according to which membership level you choose. We have three levels of membership available, starting at $400. Here
are the levels of Allied Membership.
Your Individual Membership
provides you with access to certain sections of the Members Only section of the Associations website . Here you will find recent and past issues of The Reporter
, a quarterly publication. In addition, you will find information relating to recent legislative and regulatory actions that impact hospice and palliative care.
Senior Citizens (defined as any person 62 years of age or older) are eligible for membership at a reduced rate.
HPCANYS 2017 Accomplishments
- HPCANYS initiated the language fix to the Advanced Home Health Aide legislation.
- HPCANYS initiated legislation to allow for increased Hospice Residence Swing Beds from 25% to 50% which was passed by the legislature, signed by the governor and now with the Department of Health to update the regulations.
- Recognizing the value of support in the area of community based Palliative Care, HPCANYS and CAPC partnered to establish 15% discount on the CAPC dues. (Which is still available to our members at capc.org).
- Because the NYS Hospice CON methodology is being re-examined by DOH, we have communicated with our DOH colleagues, provided statistical feedback regarding the CON methodology and provided them the White Paper we prepared for the NYS Department of Health earlier in 2013. We offered our ongoing expertise and were appointed to the Regulation Modernization Initiative for Post-Acute Care which is currently looking at CON redesign in NY.
- To ensure that you had access to immediate and breaking news, we issued over 40 Directors Memos, and followed up with our comprehensive quarterly newsletter.
- Provided more than 56 live and on-line webinars and hosted spring and fall conferences.
- Continue to provide technical support calls for members regarding audits, regulatory clarification, and advocacy.
- Make our team available to the many consumers seeking information about and referrals to hospice and palliative care, as well as, guiding families questioning or upset with service as to avoid unnecessary complaints to the NYS Department of Health.
- A group purchasing arrangement was made available to members with Value First Group Purchasing for medical supplies, office supplies, and even construction materials offered at discounted rates, saving money for your programs. This membership benefit starts with a simple cost analysis that is free of charge. For more information you can go to http://www.valuefirstonline.com/.