Hospice Compliance Conference Program
NHPCO Presenting in the Northeast in Collaboration with HPCANY
December 12-13, 2019*
Renaissance Albany Hotel
Hotel and Travel Information | Faculty | Registration
Successful programs today need to know the basics of healthcare compliance, including developing a compliance program, compliance risk assessment, compliance policies and procedures, and anonymous reporting. The importance of the Stark law, the Yates memo, anti-kickback statutes, and inducements for referrals and incentives for marketing will also be covered. It is critical to also look at hospice-specific topics to apply back home, including a detailed review of the federal hospice regulations including Conditions of Payment, conducting an internal audit, looking at organizational ethics related to compliance, and audit scrutiny. The two-day course promises to be just what those interested in hospice compliance are looking for – hospice specific compliance content, up to the minute compliance updates, and tools you can use as soon as you get back home.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Identify survey deficiencies for 2018 and tools to evaluate your hospice’s compliance with the Conditions of Participation.
- List components and structure of an internal compliance audit, complete with topics and identified staff.
- Review components of organizational ethics related to compliance risk.
- Identify strategies for external auditors, including attorney-client privilege and how to prepare to respond.
- List risks for inducement for referrals and incentives for marketing.
Jean Acevedo, CENTC,CHC,CPC,LHRM, AAPC Fellow, President and CEO
Acevedo Consulting Incorporated
Delray Beach, FL
Carla Braveman, RN, MEd, CHCE
President & CEO
Chief Administrative Officer
The Care Center Hospice of Buffalo
Partner, Arent Fox Health Group Greater New York City Area
Jennifer Kennedy, BSN,CHC,EdD,MA,RN
Senior Director, Regulatory & Quality
NHPCO, Alexandria, VA
|Orael Keenan R.N., MSN|
Associate Executive Director-Clinical Operations
Hospice Care Network
Judi Lund Person, CHC,MPH
Vice President, Regulatory and Compliance
NHPCO, Alexandria, VA
*Date subject to change
NHPCO and HPCANYS Member Registration | Non-Member Registration | Download Registration Form