Bereavement Coordinator (Social Worker - LCSW)
United Hospice is a community-based, not-for-profit hospice that provides care and support to thousands of your neighbors, colleagues and friends in Rockland and Orange County, New York.
United Hospice envisions a community in which all individuals and their loved ones facing serious illness retain their dignity and hope while receiving the best care and support that hospice has to offer. We are currently seeking to fill the following position: Job Duties:
- Coordinates, manages, and supervises the functioning of the bereavement program.
- Functions as a member of the Hospice interdisciplinary team with responsibility for establishing, implementing, and monitoring the plans of care for bereaved family members.
- Helps in planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating all bereavement functions, including but not limited to the following:
- Assignment of bereavement staff and/or volunteers to bereaved family members
- Conducting bereavement assessments in an efficient and timely manner
- Development, charting, and monitoring bereavement care plan
- Development of bereavement materials
- Attends and participates with staff in education sessions
- Staffs and monitors support groups and activities
- Development and implementation of bereavement training programs
- Develop bereavement evaluation instruments
- Provide statistical data as requested
- Provides community outreach regarding bereavement education to schools as well as in-services to medical staff.
- Provides press releases and public relations on an ongoing basis notifying community of upcoming groups.
- Provides placement supervision of bereavement volunteers.
- Leads bereavement support groups.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
This is a full-time benefits eligible position.
- LCSW required.
- Documented training and/or experience in hospice services, specifically in bereavement services and programming.
- Ability to function professionally as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Thorough knowledge of dynamics of grief and bereavement.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Experience in volunteer training and supervision.
- Ability to understand and promote effective interaction among hospice team members.
- Experience in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com. United Hospice is an Equal Opportunity EmployerLocation:
Rockland County, NY