Admin Dir - University HospiceDescription
As an Administrative Director you will plan, organize and direct operations of multi-physician, single or multiple practice sites/hospital services for a Department/Division or Service Line. You will ensure sustained performance of effective and efficient processes by developing, implementing and monitoring systems for: Business Operations, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Information Management, Organizational Governance, Patient Care Systems, Quality Management and Risk Management.
- Business Operations
- Collaborates with practice/hospital management to develop and implement organizational strategic plans and objectives based on the mission and vision. Partners with leadership and other clinical personnel to develop, implement and oversee clinical programs.
- Creates goals for Department/Division operations and ensures objectives are aligned with organizational goals.
- Collaborates with leaders in the development of program(s); monitors and evaluates program adaption to market changes.
- Assesses, plans, and monitors operations and productivity of practice(s)/hospital services.
- Participates in and ensures successful transition of new practices or physicians for the Department/Division or Service Line.
- Directs efforts to prioritize needs of programs across departmental lines.
- Directs and oversees the efficient and effective use of operating resources – space, material, equipment, staff, and information.
- Develops and maintains objectives, policies and procedures to ensure efficient operations.
- Maintains files on department budgets, capital equipment request and programs related to operational issues.
- Promotes and supports research operations in the Department/Division, as necessary
- Oversee and coordinate Residency and Fellowship programs.
- Financial Management
- Manages and directs Department/Division in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Operates within the context of an approved budget. Monitors budgetary variances. Implements plans to decreases variances and cost saving measures. Identify opportunities to meet and exceed revenue performance.
- Ensures adherence to established front-end operations and revenue cycle standards/goals for the department/division.
- Participates in the annual budget planning processes, including forecasting of revenue trends and expense analyses.
- Ensures regulatory and financial compliance to support research initiatives and/or post-award management.
- Human Resource Management
- Engages workforce to achieve Department/Division and organizational
- Manages staff members to ensure expected performance within their roles and responsibilities. Participates in hiring, training, communicating expectations and disciplining of staff. Communicates and clarifies performance expectations. Manages the performance appraisal process.
- Ensures staffing skill mix is appropriate for the capacity and utilization within the Department/Division.
- Supports continued growth of staff and develops opportunities for advancement. Fosters a culture of learning and development.
- Leads efficient and effective recruitment and retention strategy for the Department/Division to ensure optimal operational and clinical outcomes.
- Ensures performance appraisals are completed. May participate in allocation system for incentive programs.
- Directs and oversees employee satisfaction activities and action plans for the Department/Division.
- Information Management
- Ensures the appropriate flow of information within the Department/Division and Hospitals.
- Participates in technology implementation plans.
- Ensures communication pathways through careful planning, selection of communication channel and a consistent professional message.
- Identifies appropriate business/clinical applications and necessary access to support operations.
- Organizational Governance
- Upholds and communicates the mission, vision and values of the organization within the Department/Division.
- Manages and maintains relationships between Department/Division, staff and stakeholders.
- Participates in committee activity for the Department/Division.
- Patient Care Systems
- Upholds and promotes value of patient experience by putting the patient first.
- Advances a patient-centered approach to care focusing on safety and operational efficiencies.
- Designs efficient patient flow patterns to maximize physician schedules.
- Ensures Department/Division strategy for patient satisfaction and develops performance improvement plan as necessary.
- Quality Management
- Ensures Department/Division participates in quality initiatives to improve healthcare and ensure patient safety. Aligns programs with hospital quality management initiatives if applicable.
- Identifies benchmarks utilizing regional/national data to monitor quality and opportunities for improvement. Promotes transparency and sharing of results across the Department/Division.
- Ensures Department/Division participates in mandatory and non-mandatory performance improvement initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with Joint Commission, Department of Health, Public Health Laws, Institutional and Departmental rules and regulations and addressed in Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Reviews and updates Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Risk Management
- Participates in risk management assessment for Department/Division and works to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Directs and controls compliance related to billing, coding, and documentation standards.
- Oversees Department/Division staff adherence to system Corporate Compliance Program, HIPAA and other regulatory standards.
- Develops disaster recovery plans to ensure patient safety and business continuity during emergencies.
- Oversees Department/Division provider credentialing to ensure privileges are obtained as appropriate for clinical practice; collaborates with managed care enrollment to ensure participation in insurance plans.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration or related field, required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years progressive administrative experience in a healthcare and/or ambulatory practice setting, required.
- Maintains current knowledge of related regulatory agency standards and/or public health law.
- Based on departmental operating requirements, bi-lingual communication skills maybe required.
- Hospice or Home care administrative experience, highly preferred.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goalsPlease note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control. Finance Job Family:
General AdministrationPrimary Location:
Richmond County-Staten Island-Staten Island U Hosp NorthSchedule:
Day JobShift Begin Time-Shift End Time:
9:00 AM-5:00 PMJob Level: