Our Hospice Veterans Partnership (HVP) has members from HPCANYS, hospice agencies, Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Centers, NYS Veteran Nursing Homes, veteran service groups and community organizations. We work together to provide end-of-life care to our nation’s veterans and give support to their families.
We have joined forces to:
- Strengthen relationships between the community and the VA.
- Raise awareness of the unique needs of veterans at the end of life.
- Improve access to hospice and palliative care at all sites and in all settings.
Our mission is to provide an enduring network of hospice and VA professionals, veterans, and volunteers working with other interested organizations to provide high quality services through the end of life for veterans and support for their families.
The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization in collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs launched “We Honor Veterans” a pioneering campaign to help improve the care dying Veterans receive from the nation’s hospice and palliative care providers. By recognizing the unique needs of America’s veterans and their families, community providers, in partnership with VA staff, will learn how to accompany and guide them through their life stories toward a more peaceful ending.
We Honor Veterans provides educational tools and resources in advancing these goals:
- Promote Veteran-centric educational activities
- Increase organizational capacity to serve Veterans
- Support development of strategic partnerships
- Increase access and improve quality