*** POSTING DATE:
26 August 2021JOB TITLE:
Social Worker --- PER DIEM FSLA:
Hospice Social Work services are based on an initial and ongoing assessment of patient and family needs by a Social Worker from an accredited school of Social Work, and in accordance with state/federal regulations. These services are provided in accordance with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) plan of care. QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Master’s degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council of Social Work Education. Current NYS License needed.
2. Minimum of one year hospice or healthcare related experience preferred.
3. Knowledge and experience in relating to the terminally ill and their families preferred.
4. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with New York State.
5. Ability to establish communication with all constituencies by clearly defining expectations, actively listening to ideas and concerns and responding in an appropriate manner.
6. Ability to retain composure under stress.
7. Flexible in adapting to all situations.
8. Ability to follow written and oral instructions required for the position.
9. Physical Requirements:
• Drive long distances in Westchester County to visit patients/families in their home and facilities.
• Navigate stairs in patient’s home and walk through various facilities.
• Be able to use a computer with Microsoft environment.
• Carry a laptop and various assorted resources into patient’s home or facilities.
• Ability to push/pull/lift objects weighing 20lbs.
• Sitting for long periods of time.
• Must see and hear with minimal assistance according to ADA statutes
For more information/ application, please reach out to:Mary Spengler CEOCarol Townsend-Ross
Director of Clinical Services